Send Sweet Dreams With These 250 Good Night Quotes
The first saying in this collection of bedtime stories is,” Lights Out! Send Sweet Dreams To Him.” This is about the importance of goodnight prayers. It is about the importance of getting up in the morning and listening to them. It is a story of a mother preparing for bed, the children getting ready for school, and the father preparing for work.
“Sweet Dreams” tells the story of two girls. One is a toddler dreaming about sleep, and the other is a preschooler dreaming about Sweet Arthur, who is her imaginary friend. They both want to go to sleep and roll over in the soft pink sheets, but they are afraid of what they might dream. One girl thinks that she might roll over and get stuck under a big red beanstalk. The other girl decides that sleep is too important not to think about cute animals.
As it turns out, the little girls do get their way and roll onto their stomachs in the dark. They find themselves in a bed in the middle of the night. The father comes home after work has been long and he wants to know what happened to his sleeping daughter. She tells him about the dream that she had about rolling over and getting stuck under a big red beanstalk.
Two nurses come to take care of the children. One of them is the mom. She has just come home from work and is exhausted. She immediately feels guilty when she sees the two children lying in bed together. The children’s grandmother is their next of kin and she tries to comfort them both. Unfortunately, neither the grandmother nor the mother are able to calm the children down.
The mother calls 911 to have the ambulance arrive at the scene. An ambulance arrives and the children are taken to the local hospital. An X-ray of the stomach shows that there is a cyst in the children’s stomach. This is the reason that the mother had the red beanstalk dream.
The mom has one more dream that evening. When she goes to sleep, she hears a voice say to her “Don’t let your children suffer tonight. You can have one of them if you wish.” The voice belongs to one of her daughters and the mother begins to worry again.
Lights Out! and Sleepy Hollow is two of the most popular TV shows on Halloween. At one point in the show the lead girl trips and falls on a candy machine. Everyone in the room, save for her, rushes in to help her.
One of the sweet dreams that I remembered was about the same thing as the one my daughter shared with me. Just like that, there were two dreams that Friday. What I like about these scary dreams is that they are real and that I was correct about sending sweet dreams to my sweet angel. I just hope that I am right when I tell my little girl that if she sees anything scary like the things that are on television that she should stay away from it. She may not understand what is happening to her but if I can explain to her then maybe she will be able to make up her mind about what is best for her.
If you have been wondering what is going on in Sleepy Hollow with John Hartley the Sweet Pea, I have to tell you that he has not been seen since the episode “Changeling” last year. I am not sure why ABC decided to put the character in this show and then leave him there. I suppose the writers could not find a way to replace him due to time or health reasons. It seems that this is quite common with actors who leave television shows early after their contracts end. Some of them never return to the shows that they appeared in and then ABC replaces them with someone new.
John is still in therapy, so I do not know when he will return to the show. I will keep an eye on his schedule online to see if he does come back on October 31st. I will not be the only one looking forward to his return because my sweet dreams have sent me to this website and will continue to send me sweet dreams about Sleepy Hollow. I love this show and this town and am very grateful that I have found such a gem of an animated gem.
Do you have a dream about lights? If so, you should join my email list and get all the updates and special offers that I will be sending your way. You will also get a free book about creating dream scenes and dream therapy and much more!
1. “The day is over, the night is here, know that I love you today and forever, my dear.” – Catherine Pulsifer
2. “Listen to the night sky; the mockingbird always sings you my lullaby.” – Jmemo
3. “They say that God sprinkles his blessings upon the Earth every day and I think I’ve caught one—it’s you! Wishing you a good night and I love you.” – Unknown
4. “Good night. May you fall asleep in the arms of a dream so beautiful you’ll cry when you awake.” – Michael Faudet
5. “Everything I do, I do it for you.” – Bryan Adams
6. “Your hand touching mine… This is how galaxies collide.” – Sanober Khan
7. “I can’t close my eyes without you in my dreams.” – Luke Bryan
8. “Each night, I hope the moon is large and bright and you will be happy and right. When you turn off the light, keep in mind that I am dreaming of you.” – Unknown
9. “How strange, to dream of you, even when I am wide awake.” – D.J.
10. “And I start sleeping and dreaming and I think I’ll dream about you all through the night.” – John Mayer
11. “Take a deep breath and sleep tight while dreaming of me. Sweet dreams.” – RomanceBetweenTheLines.com
12. “’I love you’ begins with ‘I’ but ends with ‘you.’” – Charles de Leusse
13. “You’re nothing short of my everything.” – Ralph Block
14. “The day is over, it’s time for rest. Sleep well, my dear, you did your best.” – Catherine Pulsifer
15. “I wish I was there to hold you tight, instead of just sending you this loving ‘good night.’” – Unknown
16. “I wish for you a good night of sleep, sweet dreams, and a smiling morning.” – Debasish Mridha
17. “You’ll be the last thing I think of before I fall asleep and the first thing I think of when I wake up.” – A.G. Henley
18. “I miss you in waves, and tonight I am drowning.” – Denice Envall
19. “Each day I wish that my dreams will come true. Then I remember that I am with you.” – Unknown
20. “Hell exists. It is here, 3 a.m., awake and without you.” – Beau Taplin
21. “For thousands of nights, I dreamed of making love to you. No man on Earth has ever hated sunrise as I do.” – Again the Magic
22. “Star Light, star bright, you are the first and last I think of tonight. Good night, my true love.” – Unknown
23. “May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air.” – Franz Kafka
24. “No matter how far away you are, you will always be in my thoughts. Each day that we are together is the best day of my life.” – Unknown
25. “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” – Taylor Swift
26. ”Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” – The History of Love
27. “We are made of particles that existed since the moment the universe began. I like to think those atoms traveled 14 billion years through time and space to create us so that we could be together and make each other whole.” – The Big Bang Theory
28. “I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night.” – When Harry Met Sally
29. “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” – Song of Solomon 3:4
30. “And tonight, I’ll fall asleep with you in my heart.” – Unknown
31. “You are my blue crayon—the one I never have enough of—the one I use to color my sky.” – A.R. Rasher
32. “I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Kiersten White
33. “I don’t wanna close my eyes, I don’t wanna fall asleep, cuz I’d miss you babe and I don’t wanna miss a thing.” – Aerosmith
34. “The day is busy enough to keep me occupied. In the quiet of the night, I begin to really miss you.” – Unknown
35. “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.” – William Shakespeare
36. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
37. “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.” – Song of Solomon 6:3
38. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest and most beautiful person I have ever known—and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
39. “Go to sleep knowing that I loved you this day, and each tomorrow my love grows stronger. Good night!” – Catherine Pulsifer
40. “The moon is full, the night is deep, nature is alive—the only thing missing is you, next to me as we sleep.” – Nicholas Staniszewski
41. “The night breeze is blowing through my hair and the soft touch reminds me of your kisses. I wish I didn’t have to miss you this much.” – Unknown
42. “Sleep, my love, dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will forever be yours.” – Stephanie Meyer
43. “Tonight, I would walk a thousand miles just to be with you. Missing you, my love. Good night.” – Vish Askh
44. “All that you are is all I’ll ever need.” – Ed Sheeran
45. “Love is one of the simplest feelings. All I dream about is capturing your heart each night. You already have mine.” – Unknown
46. “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
47. “Each hour is crawling by like years. I cannot wait to be in your arms again.” – Unknown
48. “Good night my dearest love and have pleasant dreams. Here’s to hope that tomorrow will be as sunny and bright as you are.” – Anthony T. Hincks
49. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
50. “Take a look out your window now. Although we may be apart at the moment we can both gaze up at the same moon. Good night.” – Sid Mohanty
51. “Throw off your worries when you throw off your clothes at night.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
52. “If I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” – DeAnna Anderson
53. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride; I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that you hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep, your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
54. “The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.” – Dean Jackson
55. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – The Fault in Our Stars
56. “Night has come. It is time for you to sleep, my love, so we can be happy tomorrow as we usually are.” – Ambika
57. “Another day, another pang that you are afar.” – Byron Caldwell Smith
58. “In case you ever foolishly forget, I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Woolf
59. “You’re everywhere except right here, and it hurts.” – Rupi Kaur
60. “My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.” – Ibn Abbad